Important Notice: Please read the following terms and conditions carefully and make sure you understand them before clicking on the “I Accept” button at the end of the terms. If you do not accept these terms, you will not be able to use the services on the website.
- Betconnect Ltd (“BetConnect”, “we”, “us”) operates the website at www.betconnect.com (the “site”). All references to the site in these Terms shall include the site as operated on any device, including computers, tablets and phones, and shall apply equally to the mobile application (“App”) of the site.
- BetConnect is a company registered in England with registration number 07867146 whose registered office is at Elder House, St Georges Business Park, 207 Brooklands Road, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 0TS. We are licensed by the Gambling Commission of Great Britain with licence number 000 – 044346 – R – 323354 – 001.
- If you want to contact us, please use the contact details set out in paragraph 21 of these Terms.
- This page (together with the documents expressly referred to on it) tells you information about us and the legal terms and conditions (the “Terms”) on which we operate our site. By clicking “I Accept” you (“you”) confirm that you have read and understood these Terms (including any documents expressly referred to herein) and you agree to be legally bound by them in relation to your use of the site and your receipt of the betting services (the ability to place and lay bets through the site) that we provide on the site (the “Services”). If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to open an account on our site or place or lay any bets.
- Before accepting these Terms and every time we amend these Terms (please see paragraph 20 below) you should ensure that you understand the Terms which apply at that time. Each time you use the site, the Terms which are in force at that time will apply to the contract between you and us.
- You should print a copy of these Terms, or save them to your computer, for future reference.
- Any reference to one gender in these Terms, shall be deemed to be a reference to both genders.
- A full list of all the defined terms we use in these Terms can be found paragraph 23.
- ABOUT THE SITE
- The site is an online betting exchange platform which allows individuals to place bets and others to lay those bets or a proportion of any such bet.
- The site:
- (a) provides experienced bettors (known as pros on the site) (“Professionals”) with the opportunity to place bets (for the avoidance of doubt, the terms pros and Professionals when used in these Terms, and/or on the site, do not necessarily indicate that the individuals referred to are engaged in betting as their principal or paid occupation, or that the individuals referred to have achieved or will maintain any particular level of success in relation to their betting activity); and
- (b) provides a platform through which individuals (known as punters on the site) (“Customers”) are notified of certain bets, and have the opportunity to lay a proportion or all of a certain bet.
Full details of how to place and lay a bet can be found at paragraph 8.
- The site is able to process and match bets on the outcome of most sporting events which take place worldwide (“Events”), full details of which are set out on the site.
- We will use our reasonable endeavours to match bets placed on the site by Professionals with Customers who wish to lay a proportion of the bet. To be valid, each bet placed on the site by a Professional must be laid by one or more Customers.
- You can access the site from within the United Kingdom and from any other country in which it is legal to place and lay bets online. It is your responsibility to ensure that accessing the site from the country in which you are in is legal and that by doing so you do not breach any applicable laws. You must not visit the site, open an Account, or place or lay any bet through the site from any country in which it would be illegal to do so.
- BetConnect is not a bookmaker and does not place or lay any bets on the site. BetConnect provides a platform on the site through which Professionals can place bets and Customers can lay portions of such bets. BetConnect acts solely as a facilitator; it does not act as a counterparty to any bet made on the site. BetConnect is not liable for the payment of any winnings through the site or any losses incurred should the other party to that bet not adhere to their contractual obligations.
- BetConnect shall in no circumstances whatsoever be liable for the actions, omissions or decisions of any third party bookmaker. Further, the actions, omissions or decisions of any third party bookmaker shall in no circumstances whatsoever affect your rights and obligations in relation to any bets placed or laid on the site (or otherwise as set out in the Terms).
- YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You acknowledge and agree that, at any time, we may use any reasonable means that we consider necessary to verify your identity and creditworthiness with any third party providers and to permit us to comply with all applicable laws in relation to our provision of the Services.
- YOUR ACCOUNT
- Before you can use our Services and place a bet or lay a bet on the site, you will need to open an account on the site (“Account”). There are two different types of Account: a Professional Account and a Customer Account. To apply for an Account, you must complete the online application form (“Application”). You will be asked to confirm if you want to open a Professional Account or a Customer Account. Details of each Account are set out below.
- To open an Account you must provide all the information which is requested on the registration pages.
- A Professional Account will allow you to place bets in relation to Events (a “Bet Request”).
- A Customer Account will allow you to receive notifications in respect of Bet Requests and provide you with the opportunity to lay all or part of that bet (and therefore become liable for paying out any winnings in respect of such part of the bet), dependant on the proportion of that Bet Request (a “Bet Proportion”) which BetConnect notifies to you.
- You cannot open more than one Account at any time, unless specifically authorised by BetConnect.
- Before you can place a Bet Request or lay a Bet Proportion, you must deposit funds into the e-wallet (“Wallet”) attached to your Account.
- We may refuse any Application to open an Account for any reason (without providing the reason to you).
- As part of the Application, you must choose a username (which can be your email address) and a secret password, known only to you, and which you must keep strictly confidential and you must not disclose to anybody else.
- Your Account is non-transferable. The Account may only be used by the individual who created it and not by anyone else. We reserve the right to terminate your Account if we have reason to believe that your Account details are being used by anyone other than you and/or you have not kept your password confidential.
- You shall be liable for all activities that are undertaken using your Account, together with the associated password, and you shall compensate us for all and any losses, damages, costs and expenses we may suffer as a result of any failure by you to keep your password strictly confidential.
- As part of our ongoing compliance with anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing rules, we may at any time ask you to verify your identity and address as well as request proof of ownership for any payment methods used to deposit funds into, or withdraw funds from, your Account. This includes the right to seek verification information regarding the source of funds deposited to your Account and suspending your ability to make withdrawals from your Account until verification has been completed. In the event that we cannot verify your identity electronically, we may ask you to provide a manual form of identification (ID) and proof of address which could be in a number of different forms. These can include:
- Current, valid full passport (certified copies must show nationality, place and date of birth, passport number, expiry date, photograph and signature
- National identity card bearing a photograph of the applicant
- Current, valid full UK photo-card driving license with signature or old style driving license
- Household utility bill (e.g gas, electric, water or fixed line telephone but not a mobile phone bill). It must be no more than three months old and show your name and current address
- Utility bill from an EEA-based utility provider (less than 3 months old)
- Bank, building society or credit card statement. It must be no more than three months old and show your name and current address
- Local authority tax bill (e.g. council tax) valid for the current year.Please note that this list is not exhaustive.
- When considering your Application and certain deposit and withdrawal transactions, we may use an independent third party to verify your age and identity or any other information that you provide to us. In performing these checks, the independent third party may keep a record of your information. The purpose of such checks is to confirm your identity only. A credit check is not performed and your credit rating will be unaffected. These checks enable your Account to be opened more quickly and assist us with our licensing obligations and crime and fraud prevention programme, including our compliance with anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing legislation.
- You will not be able to make any deposits, place or lay bets on the site until such time that we have completed our verification processes. If we cannot satisfactorily complete our verification process within 72 hours we must suspend your Account until we have satisfactorily completed these checks. We will communicate all requests through the site or by email or phone, using the contact details which you have provided to us in your Application.
- You acknowledge that your Account may be frozen immediately to enable us to comply with any of our regulatory (including self-regulatory) and legal obligations in relation to your Account. You will not be able to access the funds in your Account, deposit funds or place any bets whilst your Account is frozen. We will notify you of such action as soon as reasonably practicable.
- In consideration of our accepting your Application to open an Account, you warrant that:
(a) you are 18 years of age or over;
(b) you are of sound mind and capable of taking responsibility for your own actions and you can enter into a legally binding contract with us;
(c) you have the legal right to use the debit or credit card(s) registered on your Account;
(d) you are registering the Account in your own name, for your sole benefit and not for the purpose of betting on behalf of anyone else;
(e) the details submitted in your Application are true, accurate and not misleading;
(f) you will inform us immediately if any of the information you provided in your Application changes;
(g) you are not an undischarged bankrupt and you are not in a voluntary arrangement with your creditors;
(h) you are not located in a jurisdiction where gambling (in the manner provided for on the site) is prohibited and/or would be an illegal activity;
(i) you will, at all times whilst holding an Account, comply with all applicable legislation in the United Kingdom and, if different, in the jurisdiction in which you are located;
(j) you are not in a period of self-exclusion (please see paragraph 13 for further details);
(k) you are not a professional or semi-professional sportsperson playing in, or in any way involved in any capacity with, any Event in respect of which you have the ability to directly or indirectly influence the outcome of such Event;
(l) you will not breach in any way any rules or regulations which apply to any sports which you play on a professional or semi-professional basis by placing or laying a bet on the site; and
(m) you will not at any time while holding an Account, seek to manipulate or in any way affect or influence the result of any Event.
- It is your responsibility to keep your contact details up-to-date on your Account. We may, from time to time, send you important information using the details that you have provided to us. If those details are incorrect or not up-to-date you may not receive important information relating to your Account, the Services or these Terms. This, and all your account information, may be amended in the Personal section of the Website. If you require any assistance, please Contact Us
- If we believe that you have (a) registered and/or used more than one Professional or one Customer Account; or (b) you have acted in collusion with one or more other individuals through a number of different Accounts in breach of these Terms; or (c) done or omitted to do anything to fraudulently, dishonestly or recklessly manipulate an Event or increase the likelihood of winning or not having to pay out on a bet; or (d) otherwise acted in breach of any law, statute, regulation or code of conduct or done anything which may put our licence granted by the Gambling Commission at risk, we reserve the right to terminate, with immediate effect, any one or more of those Accounts, at our sole and absolute discretion, and/or withhold any winnings payable to any one of the applicable Accounts.
- If you do not access your Account by logging onto your Account using your username and password and either:
(a) make a deposit;
(b) place a Bet Request in the case of a Professional Account; or
(c) lay a Bet Proportion in the case of a Customer Account,
for any consecutive period of 12 months, then after those 12 months your Account will be deemed inactive (an “Inactive Account”).
- If you have an Inactive Account and you log back in and make a deposit, place a Bet Request or lay a Bet Proportion, your Account will, at that stage, be considered re-activated.
- In the event that an Account remains inactive for 36 months with no further activity or any claims for the funds held in the Inactive Account, the Account will be permanently deleted and any funds remaining in the Inactive Account will be donated to a charity of our choice after we have deducted from such amount any administration fees in respect of closing the Account. We will notify you in writing, by email to the email address we hold in our records, prior to permanently closing an Inactive Account.
- FUNDING YOUR WALLET
- To use any of our Services, you need to deposit funds in the Wallet attached to your Account in accordance with the instructions set out on the site.
- You can deposit funds into your Wallet at any time in accordance with this paragraph 5.
- All deposits into your Wallet must be made by debit or credit card or via an associated payment provider. Full details of the cards which we accept and our associated payment providers can be found on the site.
- The name on the credit or debit card used to fund your Wallet must be exactly the same as the name on your Account.
- Payments can be made in pounds sterling. Currencies we accept may be amended from time to time and we will post any such amendments on the site. Once you have opened your Account, the currency of that Account cannot be subsequently changed.
- All funds held in your Wallet are held in accordance with paragraph 18.
- You undertake that:
(a) all money that you deposit in your Wallet does not originate from any illegal activities or sources; and
(b) all payments made into your Wallet are authorised and you will not attempt to reverse any payment made into your Wallet or take any action which will cause such payment to be reversed by a third party.
- You accept that all transactions may be checked by us to prevent money laundering and that any transactions made by you which we deem suspicious, may be reported by us to the appropriate authorities.
- You will inform us immediately on becoming aware of any errors with respect to your Account and, in particular, any deposits shown on your Wallet that you were not expecting. If such an error is as a result of a technical fault or human error we shall be permitted to correct the error once we have been made aware of such error, with no further liability to you.
- At no point during the period in which funds are held in your Account, will any interest accrue on such funds.
- All funds which are deposited into your Wallet should be used, or you should have the intention to use such funds, for betting purposes. Your Wallet should not be used as a bank account. If BetConnect considers that you are using your Wallet in such a way, it reserves the right to terminate your Account and return any such funds to you.
- You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to account for any tax or duty imposed on you as a result of any of your bets.
- For the avoidance of any doubt, BetConnect does not offer credit to any Professionals or Customers.
- All details relating to available funds, pending funds, betting funds and winnings are managed by BetConnect and, unless proved otherwise, BetConnect’s decision in respect of such funds shall be final and deemed to be accurate.
- We may from time to time pay a commission to other persons in respect of the opening of, or bets placed or laid on, your Account (including if you have entered the site by clicking through from another website at any time). This will not impact any price which you pay for a bet.
- BetConnect may, at its sole discretion, add bonuses and/or promotions to your Account or directly into your Wallet from time to time.
- Such bonuses or promotions cannot be withdrawn as cash and will expire in accordance with the terms which apply to any such bonus or promotion.
- Any bonus and/or promotion will be subject to specific terms and conditions. Such terms and conditions shall be made available on the site or emailed to you for your reference.
- In the event that we believe that you have undertaken any form of Bonus Abuse (see paragraph 6.5), we reserve the right to immediately close all Accounts opened by you. In such circumstances, any deposited funds will be returned to you within reasonable a time period. You will not be permitted to receive any winnings which have not yet been withdrawn and you may be required to pay back any winnings which have been withdrawn from any Account opened by you or on your behalf. Any outstanding bets or Bet Requests will be cancelled with immediate effect.
- For the purposes of these Terms, Bonus Abuse means the creation of multiple accounts with the intention, or effect, of taking advantage of bonuses or other promotional offers intended to attract new players to the site. Examples of Bonus Abuse include: (a) using multiple e-mail addresses or multiple bank cards as a way of appearing to be a new customer when opening a new Account; (b) opening Accounts on behalf of family members or others living at the same address as you; (c) using a false date of birth, address or other details as a way of appearing to be a new customer; (d) any other deliberate attempt to knowingly claim a bonus in bad faith and in contravention of these Terms. This list of examples is not exhaustive and if we consider that any other action is a form of Bonus Abuse we shall take all steps that we deem necessary.
- We reserve the right to report all forms of Bonus Abuse to the Gambling Commission and share such information with other third parties if we consider it necessary to do so.
- BETTING RULES
- There will be a set of rules, together with instructions set out on the site here and (in relation to some Events) frequently asked questions, which are specific to and will apply to each Event (the “Betting Rules”) which set out specific details about that particular Event and any restrictions on placing or laying bets on that Event. You should read and ensure that you understand the Betting Rules applicable to the Event you intend to bet on before you place or lay any bet. By accepting these Terms, you are accepting the Betting Rules which are relevant to the Event on which you propose to place or lay a bet.
- The Betting Rules may change from time to time. The Betting Rules in force at the time that you place or lay a bet will be the rules applicable to that bet.
- You must ensure that you understand the contents of all the Rules applicable to any bet before placing the bet. If you have any questions or concerns about the Rules, you should contact us (using the contact details set out at paragraph 21) before you place or lay any bet.
- PLACING AND SETTLING BETS
- 8.1.1 In making a decision whether to place a Bet Request or to lay a Bet Proportion you must consider your financial status and all your financial commitments. You must recognise that by laying a Bet Proportion you may lose more than your stake. Details of your maximum liability in respect of any bet which you choose to place or lay will be set out on the site prior to your confirming that you wish to place or lay such bet. It is your responsibility to ensure that you can afford to place or lay any such bet through the site.
- 8.1.2 BetConnect acceptance of a Bet Request or notification of a Bet Proportion is not, and should not be seen as, an endorsement of the Bet Request. BetConnect does not give any advice or recommendations in respect of any bets.
- 8.1.3 BetConnect has no obligation to accept the submission of any Bet Request or to send any Bet Notifications in respect of such Bet Request.
- 8.1.4 BetConnect reserves the right to suspend, pause or cancel any Bet Request or Bet Proportions at any time.
- 8.1.5 BetConnect will post on the site, and share with all relevant Customers, details about a Professional’s previous betting history. Such data is for information purposes only and is not, and should not be relied upon as, a recommendation or endorsement in respect of any bets. BetConnect will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that such information is accurate but does not guarantee that such information is up to date and accurate at all times.
- PROFESSIONALS “you” Bet Requests
- 8.2.1 A Professional may place a Bet Request in respect of any Event on the site at any time.
- 8.2.2 To place a Bet Request you must log into your Account on the “Create Bet” page and complete the relevant information (as set out on the site) in respect of the bet that you wish to place.
- 8.2.3 The information which a Professional needs to submit in respect of a Bet Request shall be as set out on the relevant page on the site. All compulsory information (as indicated on the site) must be submitted.
- 8.2.4 The site will generate certain information in respect of any Bet Request, including the amount of any stake placed plus the relevant Commission (see paragraph 12.1) (the “Professional Maximum Stake Liability”), (together, referred to as the “BetConnect Data”).
- 8.2.5 The BetConnect Data is correct as at the time it is published on the site. The BetConnect Data cannot be amended. Any Bet Request will be placed subject to the relevant BetConnect Data.
- 8.2.6 The minimum stake for any Bet Request will be as stated on the site.
- 8.2.7 The maximum stake for any Bet Request will be as stated on the site
- 8.2.8 You cannot place a Bet Request which has a Professional Maximum Stake Liability which is higher than the aggregate amount of Funds in your Wallet at that time, not including those which have been ring-fenced by BetConnect for any other bets. If you attempt to do so, you will be prompted to make a further deposit into your Wallet.
- 8.2.9 Each Event will have an expiry time, which will depend on the type of Event and shall be set out on the site (“Expiry Time”). You can only place a Bet Request on an event which has not reached its Expiry Time, which will be detailed on the site. Any Bet Request which is received by BetConnect after the relevant Expiry Time will be automatically rejected.
- 8.2.10 Provided that you have sufficient Available Funds in your Wallet, you can place a Bet Request on any Event prior to its Expiry Time in accordance with the instructions set out on the site.
- 8.2.11 We will ringfence funds in your Wallet in an amount equivalent to the Professional Maximum Stake Liability in respect of such bet. You will not be able to place a Bet Request which has a Professional Maximum Stake Liability of more than the full amount of Available Funds in your Wallet at the time you place the Bet Request.
- 8.2.12 Professionals will, at all times, place the Bet Request in good faith and will not place any Bet Requests in breach of these Terms, any legislation, regulations or codes of conduct applicable to the placing of bets by you on the site.
- 8.2.13 BetConnect reserves the right to reject any Bet Request. It does not have to give any reason for rejecting any Bet Request.
- 8.2.14 Once a Bet Request has been placed on the site it cannot be withdrawn by the Professional, other than with the authorisation of BetConnect, or by using the “Stop Bet” feature on the site. If the Professional chooses to implement the “Stop Bet” feature (“Stop Bet Request”) the Bet Request will be suspended at the time at which BetConnect receives the request from the Professional. Following receipt of the Stop Bet Request from a Professional, BetConnect shall not release any further Bet Notifications to Customers. Any Bet Notifications which have been sent to Customers prior to the receipt of the Stop Bet Request will remain live and liable to be laid by Customers. This means that there will be a period of approximately 8 minutes between the time when BetConnect receives the Stop Bet Request to the time at which Customers can no longer lay a bet which has been sent to them in a Bet Notification, and any Bet Proportions laid in that time shall be treated in the same manner as any other Bet Proportions which have been laid by a Customer. A Stop Bet Request will not affect any Bet Proportions which have already been laid by a Customer prior to the Stop Bet Request, which shall continue in full force and effect.
- 8.2.15 Bets can only be placed online through the site (including via the App). We do not accept bets by way of telephone, post, fax, email or any other method.
- 8.2.16 You are entirely responsible for the information that you provide to us concerning any bet that you wish to place. We will not, and have absolutely no obligation to, enquire into the reasonableness of any bets that you make. We will not be liable for incorrect entries made by you.
- 8.2.17 A Professional acknowledges that a Bet Request does not become a Live Bet until such time that at least one of the Bet Proportions has been laid by a Customer and in the event that no Bet Proportions have been laid, even if the Bet Request wins, no winnings shall be payable to the Professional in respect of such bet.Laying of bets by Customers
- 8.2.18 On receipt of a Bet Request, BetConnect will divide the Bet Request into Bet Proportions (in amounts chosen by betconnect at its own discretion and shall notify Customers (at its discretion) of the Bet Proportions. . No Customer has any obligation to lay any Bet Proportion. betconnect does not have any obligation to find Customers to lay any Bet Proportion.
- 8.2.19 In the event that a Customer chooses to lay a Bet Proportion (in accordance with process set out in paragraph 8.3), and BetConnect is satisfied that the Customer has validly laid the bet, BetConnect shall notify the Professional.
- 8.2.20 For the avoidance of any doubt, laying a Bet Proportion does not require any Customer to place or lay a bet that is the same as the Bet Proportion with a bookmaker. The Customer is not, and shall not act as, agent for the Professional, nor shall he be deemed to be acting in any other way on behalf of the Professional.Live Bets
- 8.2.21 A “Live Bet” is a bet or part of a bet which has been placed as a Bet Request by a Professional and in relation to which one or more of the Bet Proportions have been laid by Customers within the timeframe allocated by BetConnect. Details of the stake placed by you and the total maximum winnings (“Winnings”) which could be won by you will be notified to you.
- 8.2.22 A Bet Request shall be deemed to be a Live Bet as soon as at least one Bet Proportion has been laid. BetConnect shall notify the Professional each time a Bet Proportion is laid.
- 8.2.23 In the event that only some but not all of the Bet Proportions in respect of a Bet Request have been laid by Customers, the Bet Request shall become a Live Bet in respect of the Bet Proportions which have been laid. Any remainder of the Bet Proportion which has not been laid will lapse.
- 8.2.24 We shall ring-fence the relevant funds from your Wallet as soon as you submit a Bet Request. If no, or some but not all, Bet Proportions are laid in relation to your Bet Request, those Bet Proportions which have not been laid will lapse at the Expiry Time and the funds which apply to such lapsed Bet Proportions will become Available Funds in your Wallet.Settling Live Bets
- 8.2.25 In the event that your Live Bet is successful and you win, you will be paid an amount equivalent to the total Winnings due to you in respect of the Live Bet. The Winnings shall be paid into your Wallet shortly after completion of the relevant Event.
- CUSTOMERS“you”Bet Notifications
- 8.3.1 BetConnect shall notify Customers of any Bet Proportions which BetConnect considers, at its sole discretion, the Customer may wish to see (each a “Bet Notifications”).
- 8.3.2 There are two types of Bet Notifications:
(a) “Stage 1 Notification”: a notification that there is a bet available for you to lay, including an option for you to request details of such bet;
(b) “Stage 2 Notification”: the details in respect of a bet which would allow you to lay that bet if you wished to do so.
- 8.3.3 A Customer can only respond to a Bet Notification, and choose whether to lay the Bet Proportion, on the terms set out in the Bet Notification. A Customer cannot lay any other bet through the site other than as a result of, and in accordance with, a Bet Notification.
- 8.3.4 BetConnect does not have any obligation to notify the Customer of any Bet Proportions at any time.
- 8.3.5 Bet Notifications shall be made through the App to a Customer’s mobile or other device. It is the Customer’s sole responsibility to ensure that he has the correct settings to ensure that he can receive Bet Notifications.
- 8.3.6 A Stage 1 Notification shall notify the Customer that there is a Bet Proportion available to be viewed.
- 8.3.7 Once a Customer has accepted the Stage 1 Bet Notification, and provided he has sufficient Available Funds in his Wallet, he shall receive a Stage 2 Notification which shall contain information (“Bet Information”) including:
(a) details about the Bet Proportion; and
(b) the maximum amount which the Customer shall be liable to pay if the Professional wins the bet (the “Maximum Payment Liability”).Laying Bets
- 8.3.8 If the Customer receives a Stage 1 Notification and, provided he has sufficient Available Funds in his Wallet, wishes to find out the relevant information about the Bet Proportion he must choose to request the Bet Information through the App.
- 8.3.9 If the Customer does not take any action in respect of the Stage 1 Notification, the Stage 1 Notification shall lapse and the Customer shall not be able to access the details of the Bet Proportion.
- 8.3.10 The Stage 1 Notification will only be capable of being accepted for a short period of time, depending on how quickly other Customers act in respect to the Stage 1 Notification. Once all Bet Proportions have been laid the Stage 1 Notification shall lapse.
- 8.3.11 A Customer cannot lay a Bet Proportion unless he has sufficient Available Funds in his Wallet to cover the Maximum Payment Liability in respect of that Bet Proportion.
- 8.3.12 If a Customer requests the Bet Information relating to the Bet Proportion in accordance with paragraph 8.3.8, BetConnect shall send the Bet Information in respect of the Bet Proportion to the Customer.
- 8.3.13 On receipt of the Bet Information, the Customer can choose whether or not he wishes to lay the Bet Proportion. The Customer shall have 8 minutes from the time at which the Stage 2 Notification is sent by BetConnect in which to lay the Bet Proportion (“Laying Period”). The Customer has no obligation to lay a Bet Proportion.
- 8.3.14 If the Customer does not lay the Bet Proportion within the Laying Period, the Stage 2 Notification shall lapse.
- 8.3.15 You cannot withdraw a Bet Proportion once it has been laid. Upon confirming that you wish to lay a Bet Proportion, an amount equal to the Maximum Payment Liability shall be ring-fenced in the Customer’s Wallet. A Customer shall not be able to lay a Bet Proportion if he does not have an amount equal to the Maximum Payment Liability in Available Funds in his Wallet.
- 8.3.16 The Customer acknowledges that if he regularly accepts Stage 1 Notifications but chooses not to lay those Bet Proportions after receiving the Bet Information, BetConnect may restrict the number of future Bet Notifications it sends to the Customer, solely at its discretion.
- 8.3.17 The Customer may choose to place or lay a bet with a bookmaker which is similar to (including higher or lower than) the Bet Proportion set out in the Bet Notification. The Customer does not have any obligation to place any similar bet with any other bookmaker at any time. The Customer is not, and shall not act as, an agent for the Professional, nor shall he be deemed to be acting in any other way on behalf of the Professional.
- 8.3.18 Nothing on the site or in any Bet Notification shall be deemed to be advice, a recommendation or an endorsement in respect of any bet and should not be taken as such by a Customer. The Customer may review details of bets placed by Professionals to the extent that such information is made available on the site but shall be solely responsible for any actions he takes in respect of such information, including choosing to lay any Bet Proportions based on such information.
- SETTLING BETS
- Following completion of an Event, the result of any such Event will be posted on the site.
- If the Professional has won a bet which he has placed, all Customers who laid a Bet Proportion in respect of that bet shall be liable to pay to the Professional the amount due to him in respect of that Bet Proportion and BetConnect shall release such funds (that would have been ring-fenced by BetConnect ) to the Professional, less any Commission which is due to be paid to BetConnect .
- If a Professional loses a bet which he has placed, all Customers which laid a Bet Proportion in respect of that bet shall receive the amount due to them in respect of such Bet Proportion, which would have been ring-fenced by BetConnect.
- All bets will be settled promptly following the completion of an Event and the posting of the relevant results.
- If, for any reason whatsoever, the amount of Available Funds in your Wallet is less than the Professional Maximum Payment Liability or the Maximum Payment Liability, in respect of any bet, as the case may be, you shall be liable to pay to BetConnect an amount equivalent to any shortfall between the amount in your Wallet at that time and the applicable Maximum Payment Liability. For the avoidance of any doubt, betconnect shall never be responsible or liable to pay to any Customer or Professional any monies in relation to any bet placed or laid on the site.
- We reserve the right to reverse or correct any payment to or from your Wallet in circumstances where we have debited or credited an incorrect amount from your Wallet if the result of an Event changes after a bet has been settled (as a result of a steward’s enquiry, for example). We will use our reasonable endeavours to inform you by email, without delay, in circumstances of our having made such a corrective payment.
- YOUR CONDUCT
- You will, at all times whilst registered as a member of the site, comply with these Terms and all applicable laws, statutes, regulations and codes of conduct.
- You will inform us as soon as you become aware of any errors in calculations with respect to any bets. We reserve the right to declare null and void any bets which are the subject of such an error. We will notify you (by email using the email address we have on our records) of any such declaration and any sums staked by you in connection with the bet will be returned to your Wallet.
- You shall be responsible for the payment of all taxes (including any income tax, corporation tax and any other applicable taxes), all gambling and betting levies (including but not limited to the horse racing levy) and all other duties which may arise in respect of your use of the site (“Taxes and Duties”).
- You will not disguise or interfere in any way with the IP address of the computer or mobile device you are using to access the site or otherwise take steps to prevent us from correctly identifying the actual IP address of your computer or mobile device.
- You agree that you will not attempt to open or access any other Account to use any of our Services during any period of self-exclusion (please see paragraph 13 for further details).
- You will not use any programs designed to automatically place bets within certain parameters (“bots”). If we believe that you have used a bot to place bets on, or manipulate, any Event which has the purpose or effect of adversely affecting the integrity of any Event, we may suspend or terminate your Account with immediate effect.
- You undertake to use our Services for legitimate betting purposes only. In particular, you undertake not to:
(a) engage in any activity which has the purpose or effect of causing damage to or in any way hindering our business operations; or
(b) bet on or manipulate any individual Event in a manner which we believe has the purpose or effect of adversely affecting the integrity of any Event.
- Collusion is strictly prohibited.
- SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT.
- We may suspend or terminate your Account at any time. We will use our reasonable endeavours to give advance notice to you of such suspension or termination; however, this may not always be possible. In circumstances where we are required to suspend or terminate your Account in accordance with a request by a regulatory or similar authority, we may withhold any funds in your Wallet pending determination of such investigation or any criminal or civil proceedings.
- You may suspend or terminate your Account at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. On receipt of any request, we will suspend or terminate the Account as soon as we can. We shall not be liable to you for any losses suffered by you as a result of the suspension or termination of the Account.
- If we suspect that you are under 18 years of age or were under 18 when you placed or laid any bet on the site, we will:
(a) immediately suspend your Account and prevent you from entering into any bets or making any withdrawals from your Wallet;
(b) investigate the claim that you are or were under age;
(c) if you were under the age of 18 at the time that you placed any bet on the site, we will withhold all funds in your Wallet, including any Winnings which have been credited to any such Wallet.
- If we know or suspect that you are:
(a) in breach of any provision of these Terms;
(b) using bots designed to automatically place bets within certain parameters on any Event;
(c) located in a country in which it is or may be illegal to place or lay bets;
(d) involved in any form of collusion with any other user of the site;
(e) undertaking any action which may have a detrimental effect on us holding and being permitted to continue to hold our Gambling Commission licence;
(f) registered on an Account that is linked with fraudulent or dishonest activity;
(g) registered on more than one Account in contravention of paragraph 4.5;
we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your Account (at our absolute discretion) and report any such findings to a regulatory authority and, if we have reasonable grounds to do so, prevent any funds from being withdrawn from your Wallet pending the result of any internal or external investigation.
- In circumstances where your Account is suspended or terminated and you either have (a) one or more Bet Requests which have been placed; or (b) you have laid any Bet Proportions which are still live, any such Bet Requests and Bet Proportions will be treated as follows:
(a) if you have opted to suspend or terminate your Account in accordance with paragraph 11.2, all Bet Requests and any Bet Proportions will remain open and valid and will be settled in accordance with paragraph 9;
(b) if we suspend or terminate your Account as a result of your breach of these Terms, all Bet Requests and any Bet Proportions will be deemed null and void immediately on the suspension or termination of your Account and all stakes placed by a Professional in respect of any such Bet Requests will be forfeited by that Professional and will not be refunded to such Professional, unless we agree otherwise;
(c) if we suspend your Account based on our reasonable belief that you have breached or are likely to breach these Terms, or if we are required to do so by law or at the request or instruction of any regulatory authority, any stake placed by a Professional in respect of any Bet Request, and any Winnings in respect of any Bet Proportions, will be held by us pending the outcome or determination of any associated investigation and if it is found that you have breached the Terms, such stakes (and any Winnings) in respect of such will be forfeited by you and will not be refunded to you; and
(d) if we suspend or terminate your Account (other than for the reasons set out at 11.5(b) and (c) above), all Bet Requests will remain open and valid and will be settled in accordance with paragraph 9.
- In the event that a Professional’s Account is suspended or terminated under, paragraph 11.5, BetConnect shall notify all Customers that the Bet Request has been withdrawn and any Bet Proportions are void.
- In the event that a Customer’s Account is suspended or terminated under paragraph 11.5, BetConnect shall use its reasonable endeavours, but it is not obliged to, notify other Customers of the Bet Proportion and seek other Customers to lay such Bet Proportion within the relevant timeframe for such bet.
- Following suspension or termination of your Account (whether by you or us) we will, subject to paragraph 11.9, return any funds held in your Wallet to you. Funds will be returned to the debit or credit card which is registered to your Account. We cannot return funds to you by any other means or to any other card which is not registered to your Account.
- In certain circumstances, following the suspension or termination of your Account, we reserve the right to withhold the funds in your Wallet pending an investigation. Such an investigation may be necessary in the event that we suspect that you have breached these Terms or any other applicable agreement between you and us or we are required to act in accordance with a request or instruction from any governmental, regulatory or enforcement authority, or otherwise in accordance with applicable law. Following the determination of any such investigation, we reserve the right to seize, or permit the seizure by any regulatory, statutory or other enforcement body, some or all of the funds in your Wallet.
- Once an Account registered in your name has been terminated by us you are not permitted to re-open any other Account.
- BetConnect shall endeavour to return any Available Funds which are in your Wallet at the time that your Account is terminated or closed within 30 days from the date on which the Account is terminated or closed (including, to the extent that you are entitled to them, any Winnings).
- OUR COMMISSION
- We will charge a commission on all Bet Requests placed on the site at the rate set out in paragraph 12.2 below (“Commission”).
- Subject to paragraph 12.3, Commission shall be charged to the Professional at the following rates:
(a) if the Bet Request is placed at evens, 2% (1% for football bets) of the total amount of all Bet Proportions which have been laid by Customers in respect to that Bet Request;
(b) if the Bet Request is placed at less than evens (i.e. “odds on”), 2% (1% for football bets) of any potential Winnings (whether or not Winnings are paid).
(c) High-stakes Pro users and syndicates subject to premium charge, to be discussed in person with account management team
- In the event that there is a change in the rates of Commission set out in paragraph 12.2, we shall notify you in writing.
- BetConnect shall deduct from the funds in your Wallet all Commission which is due to us.
- You will not be able to place a Bet Request, or lay a Bet Proportion, unless you have sufficient Available Funds in your Wallet to cover your Professional Maximum Stake Liability or Maximum Stake Liability, as the case may be.
- For the avoidance of any doubt, Customers will not be liable to pay any commission.
- RESPONSIBLE GAMBLING, SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AND SELF-EXCLUSION
- We do not provide credit facilities, save for accepting payment by means of credit card, and then only where that payment is made to your Account. You can only place a bet with funds credited to your Wallet after the card issuer has approved the transaction.
Limits to Your Account
- We provide you with facilities designed to assist you in staying within your personal budget for gambling. In this respect, as part of the Application, you are given the opportunity to set limits. You can request such a limit on your Account at any time. We inform all members when any limit requested (whether in relation to deposit limit, spend limit or loss limit) will come into force and ensure that the period/duration of each limit is no less than 24 hours. We ensure that any limit increases are not implemented until a cooling-off period of at least 24 hours has elapsed from the time at which the request to increase the limit was received by us and you must confirm that you still wish to increase the limit at the end of that cooling-off period. Where possible, we implement limit reductions within 24 hours of the request being received by us.
- You will notice on our site that there are various mechanisms which we have implemented to promote social responsibility in gambling. If, despite those measures, you wish to restrict the duration of your sessions on the site, the amount of money you can credit to your Wallet or place on a particular bet, or you wish to request that your Account is suspended for an agreed period of time (“self-exclusion”), we can assist you and implement those requests. Please do not hesitate to contact us by email at email@example.com or by post at BetConnect Ltd, Elder House, St Georges Business Park, 207 Brooklands Road, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 0TS, United Kingdom, if you want to discuss with us or implement any of these options.
- Our self-exclusion policy requires a joint commitment from you. We will take reasonable steps to prevent you from re-opening your Account or opening a new Account, and we have processes in place to detect duplicate Accounts that are subject to self-exclusion, but you must not attempt to circumvent such functions by trying to re-open your Account, opening a new Account or asking another person to open an Account for you. You agree that you will not attempt to open an Account or place any bets whilst you are a self-excluded customer and that you are fully liable for your actions whilst you are a self-excluded customer. Upon detecting any such Accounts, we will return any deposits made by you and held in the Account (as at the date of your self-exclusion) within 14 days and delete the Account, in accordance with our responsible gambling policy.
- If you want to find out further information about responsible gambling, please visit http://www.begambleaware.org.
- LICENCE AND OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- We own, or are the licensor of, all intellectual property rights in and to the site, including but not limited to:
(a) all copyright and related rights in and to the site;
(b) all trade mark rights (whether registered or unregistered) in and to BetConnect; and
(c) the domain name www.betconnect.com.
- We hereby grant to you a revocable, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to access our site provided that you comply with these Terms. Your use of our site confers no rights whatsoever to the content and related intellectual property rights contained on our site.
- We own, or are the licensor of, all intellectual property rights in and to the site, including but not limited to:
- LINKS TO OTHER SITES
- The site may contain links through to other third party websites which may contain odds or other information about the Events on which bets can be placed. BetConnect has no responsibility in respect of any such sites and the information provided therein.
- You should be aware that any third party sites will have their own terms and conditions and privacy notices which shall apply to your use of such sites.
- OUR LIABILITY AND DISCLAIMER
- Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes our liability for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
(b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and/or
(c) any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law.
- Subject to paragraph 16.1, if we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable (including indirect, special or consequential loss).
- Subject to paragraphs 16.1 and 16.2, our total liability to you in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with these Terms, your Account and your use of the site, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed the amount held in your Wallet at the time of such breach.
- To the extent that any employee of BetConnect may make any statement to you that may constitute financial advice or advice in respect of any bet, you should not rely on it. If you do rely on it, such reliance will be a breach of these Terms and any resulting bet placed or laid will be at your sole risk.
- We are not liable for the failure of any equipment or software howsoever caused that may prevent the operation of the site, or our Services or may impede the placing or laying of any bets on the site or prevent you from being able to contact us.
- Except as expressly stated in these Terms and to the extent permitted by law, we do not give any representation, warranties or undertakings in relation to your use of the site. Any representation, condition or warranty which might be implied or incorporated into these Terms by statute, common law or otherwise is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these Terms that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. “An Event Outside Our Control” means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation any act of God, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or obstruction or failure of public or private telecommunications networks and/or the internet.
- If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations to you:
(a) we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
(b) our obligations will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control.
- You agree to indemnify and hold us (including all officers, directors, agents and employees of us) harmless from any liabilities, claims, losses or demands made by a third party arising out of your breach of these Terms or out of your violation of any law or the rights of any third party.
- We make every effort to ensure that we do not make any errors when posting information relating to bets or otherwise on the site. However, if as a result of a technical issue or human error or any other reason, information is posted to the site that should not have been (due to the obvious and apparent error in the odds provided on the site or otherwise), we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the information and we shall not be liable to you for any losses suffered other than crediting your Wallet with an amount equivalent to the stake you placed on the bet.
- We may, in our sole and absolute discretion, decide to suspend betting on an Event at any time. If we do, we shall post a suspension notice on the site.
- It is your responsibility to verify that you are permitted to place a bet according to the jurisdiction in which you are located and you agree that you will not bet on the site while you are located in a jurisdiction which prohibits you from placing bets using the site.
- You understand that you may lose money on bets placed on the site or laid through the site and accept that you are fully responsible for any such loss in respect to such bets. You accept that under no circumstances will any amounts lost by you as a result of any bet be recoverable by us and we have no liability whatsoever in connection with any such loss.
- We shall not be liable in any event to pay any Taxes or Duties in respect of any action by you on the site.
- If the results of any Event which are posted on the site are disputed by any Customer or any Professional, BetConnect will, at its sole discretion, investigate any such allegation. BetConnect’s decision in relation to any result which is posted on the site will be final and binding on all Professionals and all Customers. We shall not enter into any correspondence with anybody in connection with any results posted on the site.
- No liability for any loss suffered as a result of making a decision about any bet placed or laid through the site.
- Communication errors do occasionally happen. A Bet Request is only confirmed once it has been received by BetConnect and we have notified the Professional that the Bet Request has been successfully placed.
- Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes our liability for:
- OUR RIGHTS
- We may restrict your access to the site, suspend or terminate your Account, withdraw your offers for bets, void any bets outstanding to your Account, cancel any bets which have not been laid or cancel and void any outstanding bets which have not been laid in our absolute discretion without cause at any time, including if:
(a) there is a technical failure on our site;
(b) we suspect that you are engaging in illegal or fraudulent activity; or
(c) we suspect that you have (or may have) breached any part of these Terms.
- Notwithstanding any other terms set out in these Terms, in providing the Services we will be entitled to take any action as we consider necessary in our absolute discretion to ensure compliance with all applicable legislation.
- We reserve the right to recover from you all charges which we incur on your behalf which relate specifically to you and your Account, including but not limited to, charges incurred in respect of identification and credit checks against you. All charges, will be deducted from funds held in your Wallet. If sufficient funds are not available in your Wallet, we reserve the right to recover these expenses from you directly.
- We may restrict your access to the site, suspend or terminate your Account, withdraw your offers for bets, void any bets outstanding to your Account, cancel any bets which have not been laid or cancel and void any outstanding bets which have not been laid in our absolute discretion without cause at any time, including if:
- PROTECTION OF CUSTOMER FUNDS
- We are required under our UK gambling licence to inform you about what happens to the funds that we hold on account for you, and the extent to which your funds are protected against and distributed to you in the event of insolvency, http://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/Consumers/Protection-of-customer-funds.aspx.
- We hold your funds in one of our business bank accounts. This means that in the event of our insolvency, your funds are not protected. This meets the UK Gambling Commission’s requirements for the segregation of customer funds at the level of Not Protected.
- NOTICES AND INFORMATION FROM US
- You hereby agree to receiving all information from us electronically, including by email, using the email address that is registered to your Account.
- Any notice given by you to us, or by us to you, will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website or 24 hours after an e-mail is sent. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of an e-mail, that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee. The provisions of this paragraph shall not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action.
- VARYING THESE TERMS
- We may amend these Terms from time to time. We will inform you of any changes to these Terms by emailing you at the email address we have for you on our records.
- If we amend these Terms at any time whilst you are a registered member of the site, you will be asked to accept the amended Terms on the next time that you log-in to the site. You will not be able to log-in to the site until you have accepted the amended Terms. If you do not wish to accept the amended Terms, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will terminate your Account (and return to you any funds which are held in your Wallet).
- CONTACT US
- If you have any queries in relation to the Services, the site or these Terms or if you wish to make a complaint, please contact BetConnect by email at email@example.com or write to us at BetConnect Ltd, Elder House, St Georges Business Park, 207 Brooklands Road, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 0TS, United Kingdom. We shall deal with your query or complaint as quickly as possible.
- Any complaint that you notify to us will be addressed by us in accordance with our complaints procedure, a copy of which can be found here.
- In the event that any complaint raised by you cannot be resolved in accordance with our complaints procedure, we will refer your complaint to The Independent betting Adjudication Service (“IBAS”):
PO Box 62639
Tel: 0207 347 5883
http://www.ibas-uk.comWe retain copies of all complaints referred to IBAS and provide such records to the Gambling Commission on a quarterly basis.
- OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms.
- You may not assign these Terms to any third party.
- This contract, created by you accepting these Terms, is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties Act) 1999 or otherwise.
- Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- If any dispute arises in connection with these Terms (that falls outside the scope of IBAS), you and we will attempt to settle it by mediation in accordance with the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (“CEDR”) Model Mediation Procedure. Unless otherwise agreed between the parties, the mediator will be nominated by CEDR.
- These Terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales. This means that any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms will be governed by the laws of England and Wales. You and we both agree to that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- If you wish to make a complaint regarding the service you have received, as a first step you should customer support either by Intercom (live chat) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as reasonably practicable.
2. If, having spoken to a member of the Customer Support Team, your query or complaint is not resolved, you can ask for the query/complaint to be escalated to a manager or supervisor. A Company manager/supervisor will look into the query/complaint in more detail and contact you with a resolution within 48 hours. You will be given the name and status of the person who your query/complaint has been referred to.
3. If you speak to a BetConnect team member over the phone, the call may be monitored or recorded for training and quality management purposes, and to assist us in quick and effective resolution of queries.
4. If you’re unhappy with the solution offered, and your complaint is a gambling dispute, then you’re entitled to refer your dispute to the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (“IBAS”), whose decision BetConnect will agree to be bound by. IBAS provides a free-of-charge service and rules on complaints about betting and gaming transactions; but it does not deal with service related problems.
5. You will be given a copy of this complaints procedure on request, or upon making a complaint.
The following definitions can be found in the relevant paragraphs, or as set out below:
“Account”: see paragraph 4.1;
“App”: see paragraph 1.1;
“Available Funds”: money which is available in your Wallet which has not been ring-fenced by Betconnect in relation to any other bet;
“BetConnect”, “we”, “us”: see paragraph 1.1;
“BetConnect Data”: see paragraph 8.2.4;
“Bet Information”: see paragraph 8.3.7;
“Bet Notification”: see paragraph 8.3.1;
“Bet Proportion”: see paragraph 4.4;
“Bet Request”: see paragraph 4.3;
“Betting Rules”: see paragraph 7.1;
“Bonus Abuse”: see paragraph 6.5;
“Customers”: see paragraph 2.2(b);
“Events”,“Event”: see paragraph 2.3;
“Expiry Time”: see paragraph 8.2.9;“Inactive Account”: see paragraph 4.18;
“Lay”: means to accept a Bet Proportion, through a Customer Account, on the terms set out in the Bet Notification;
“Laying Period”: see paragraph 8.3.13;
“Live Bet”: see paragraph 8.2.21;
“Maximum Payment Liability”: see paragraph 8.3.7;
“Place”: means to submit a Bet Request on the site, through a Professional Account, in relation to a particular Event;
“Professionals”: see paragraph 2.2(a);
“Professional Maximum Stake Liability”: see paragraph 8.2.4;
“site”: see paragraph 1.1;
“Services”: see paragraph 1.4;
“Stage 1 Notification”: see paragraph 8.3.2;
“Stage 2 Notification”: see paragraph 8.3.2;
“Taxes and Duties”: see paragraph 10.3;
“Terms”: see paragraph 1.4;
“you”: see paragraph 1.4;
“Wallet”: see paragraph 4.6; and
“Winnings”: see paragraph 8.2.21.