The BetConnect story so far...
Tired of bookmaker restrictions, ex-trader Daniel Schrieber came up with the idea for a betting ecosystem that allows Pros to get their selections placed and Punters to make more informed bets.
Did you know?
- BetConnect achieved £1m in monthly matched bets faster than any exchange in history.
- By hitting £2m in monthly matched bets in October 2019, BetConnect cemented its position as the UK’s fastest growing betting platform.
- Home to some of the UK’s biggest individual sports bettors and syndicates, BetConnect sees five-figure bets regularly matched in full at rates to make other exchanges blush.
We want you
We help you get your bets on at bookie prices and will never penalise you for winning.
We want you
to bet smart
Inform your bets with transparent betting performance and live bookmaker odds.
We want you
to have fun
We encourage responsible gambling and offer Self-Exclusion and Time Out options.
We want to hear
Think we could be better? Let us know through social media, live chat or email.
Do I have a gambling problem?
The majority of our customers enjoy gambling and do so in a safe and responsible manner. However, for a small number of people, gambling can be damaging and may impact their lives. If you think that you might have a problem, we have prepared a few self-assessment questions below that may help you to decide:
- Do you gamble as an escape from your day-to-day life?
- When you run out of money while gambling, do you feel despair and the need to gamble more as quickly as possible?
- Do you consistently gamble until every last penny has gone, even to the point of losing the price of a cup of tea or a ride home?
- Do you or have you ever lied to your friends or family about how much money or time you have spent on gambling?
- Have you lost interest in your friends and family because of your gambling?
- Have you borrowed or stolen money, or sold anything to support your gambling?
- Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
The more questions that you answer ‘yes’ to, the more likely it is that you have a gambling problem. We recommend that you speak to someone about your answers if you have answered ‘yes’ to the above. Contact our Customer Support Team or a problem gambling support service.
Furthermore, we recommend that you consider a Time-Out or Self-Exclusion.
How do I access support and advice for possible gambling problems?
Customers who are experiencing gambling problems and anyone else affected by gambling problems should seek help. Below are a number of organisations who are able to provide free help, support and confidential advice on these matters.
BeGambleAware provide information and support to help people make informed decisions about gambling and also provide details of other organisations who can provide support and advice. Click www.begambleaware.org for more details.
GamCare is a registered charity that provides confidential telephony support and counselling to anyone affected by problem gambling. You can call them on 0808 8020 133 or go to www.gamcare.org.uk.
What is a cool-off period?
If you wish to take a short break from betting with us, you can do so by taking a Cool-Off for a period of 24 hours, 48 hours, 7 days or 30 days. Once you begin your Cool-Off, you will be unable to use your account for gambling, though you will still be able to log in and withdraw any remaining balance. It is NOT possible to reactivate your account until your chosen period has ended.
To take a Cool-Off please visit the Account Settings Menu and select Player Protection Page to select your required Cool-Off period.
What is Self-Exclusion?
If you feel you are at risk of developing a gambling problem or believe you currently have a gambling problem, we suggest you consider Self-Exclusion.
Self-Exclusion allows you to close your account for a specified period of 6 months, 1 year, 2 years or 5 years. This prevents you gambling with BetConnect for your selected period of time. During a period of Self-Exclusion, you will not be able to use your account though you will still be able to login to withdraw any remaining balance. It will NOT be possible to re-open your account for any reason, and we will endeavour to detect and close any new accounts you may attempt to open.
We will remove you from our marketing databases, and we also suggest that you remove BetConnect accounts from your social media activity. You may also wish to consider installing software that blocks access to gambling websites. We also recommend that you seek support from a problem gambling support service as detailed above to help you deal with your problem.
You can self-exclude your account in Account Settings Menu and select Player Protection Page and select Self-Exclusion. Alternatively, you can contact our customer service team for assistance and further information.